Painless Teeth Extractions- Oral Surgery Miami Springs - Oral Surgery Doral
Wisdom teeth extractions are a common procedure. Wisdom teeth often cause problems as they are trying to protrude through the gums. When a wisdom tooth is impacted, it means the tooth is coming in at an angle and not straight through the gum line. This can cause pain, the tooth can come in unevenly, or the tooth may only emerge partially.
Reasons for a tooth extraction
If a tooth has been broken or damaged by decay, your dentist will try to fix it with a filling, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, there’s too much damage for the tooth to be repaired. In this case, the tooth needs to be extracted. A very loose tooth also will require extraction if it can’t be saved.
Other reasons for needing tooth extractions:
• Some people have extra teeth that block other teeth from coming in.
• Sometimes baby teeth don’t fall out in time to allow the permanent teeth to come in.
• Braces may need teeth extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place.
• Drugs may develop infected teeth because these drugs weaken the immune system. Infected teeth may need to be extracted.
• Some teeth may need to be extracted if they could become a source of infection.
• Wisdom teeth, also called third molars, are often extracted either before or after they come in. They commonly come in during the late teens or early 20s.
In Need an Extraction?
In need of a tooth extraction?
to Request an Appointment